Dashcode and XMLHttpRequest Trouble

Posted on 13 August 2007 by Johannes Fahrenkrug. Tags: Programming Apple
I was playing around with Apple's Dashcode widget development tool. It's really neat. But one thing almost drove me nuts: XMLHttpRequest. I tried to pull the episode listings of a given show from epguides.com. I got back a readyState of 4 but the request.status was always undefined. Well, the solution to the problem is easy: You have to allow the widget to access the network. Just check the appropriate checkbox in the "Widget Attributes" section. D'oh!


Admin said...

Bwahahah thanks for posting this, solved my problem.

January 24, 2010 02:45 AM

Johannes Fahrenkrug said...

When I actually find the chocolate in the mail, you'll be mine, too! (this is a lie)

October 28, 2008 02:52 PM

Anonymous said...

You're my best friend now. The chocolate is in the mail.

October 28, 2008 02:49 PM

Chris Miles said...

Thank you!! So obvious when pointed out, but this was driving me nuts all night.

September 24, 2008 01:24 PM

Arno said...

Thanks! Pretty ridiculous how buried that is.

May 10, 2008 02:35 AM


Please keep it clean, everybody. Comments with profanity will be deleted.

blog comments powered by Disqus